From:
"B.A. van der Wel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:18:28 -0700
Greetings All:

For what it is worth, I would like to add my voice to the call for Jocelyn Chadwick to remain a member of this forum.

I would also like to say that since it was my moment of indignation, rightly or wrongly, that seems to have tipped a few scales and caused a verdict or several to be issued, I shall be posting a longer reply to some of these fine posts later on when I have access to my regular computer.

But for now I leave you with the familiar Twain quotation that sits above my desk here at work as a constant reminder to me:

"The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning."
--Mark Twain, Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888"

Cordially,
Benjamin A. van der Wel