Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:49:54 EDT

In a message dated 7/5/2008 8:44:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1820144,00.html

Hi --

Also in picture #11, the caption reads that he is sitting at his writing
desk
in Hartford.  I doubt that is true, because a) it bears no  resemblance to
the
third floor billiard room of the Hartford home -- i.e. the fireplace on the
wall
behind, desk too large, etc.  and b) the family never lived in  the Hartford
house again after Susy's passing in 1896.

My guess is that picture #11 it may have been taken at 21 Fifth  Avenue, but
others on the list would have more accurate knowledge about that than I
have.

Best of Holiday weekends to all List members.  Can't help but  think of the
festivities in Hannibal held every year at this time.

Roger Durrett