From:
L T Oggel/FS/VCU <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 2009 13:24:16 -0400
Here's a piece from yesterday's Wash. Post that's perfectly timed for our
recent/on-going discussion on Conn Yankee:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/04/AR2009090403802.html?referrer=emailarticle

Henry Nash Smith's book on CYankee, Mark Twain's Fable of Progress, left a
strong impression on me when I first read it, and it still does seem to
hit the nail on the head.  Smith's book, one of (few) literary studies
that endures, might be old but it's not out of date, like the Twain book
it examines.  Smith's book is sub-titled, Political and Economic Ideas in
A Connecticut Yankee.

Terry Oggel