From:
Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 09:41:26 -0500
TINA FEY!!!

The Kennedy Center announced Tuesday she will receive this year's *Mark
Twain Prize* for American Humor.

Every year this precipitates quite a buzz on here, if not outrage and
confusion.  I would think this is one of the most controversial of all the
awards, which in the past has at least gone to a more elderly member of the
comedy community (I believe she is about 41).  Fey is the youngest recipient
ever.

Is it just me or does anyone else smell some political implications for this
award?

anyway -- there it is, and as many now commonly put it -- it is what it is
!!!

--
Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Professor of English