From:
Cindy Lovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:15:46 -0500
Hello, all,

First, I apologize that my program won't let me write in rich text.

So, there will be glitches.

1. Our Pepsi grant voting was continued through Dec. 31
since we were in the top 100.
WILL YOU PLEASE VOTE FOR US?
We are ranked #27 today. We must be at #1 or 2 by Dec. 31
to win $250,000. You can text Pepsi at 73774 with this message:
104141
Just that numeric message - nothing else.
Many teachers/professors are asking their students to text it in.
You can vote online using Facebook or any number
of email addresses. The website is:
http://www.refresheverything.com/savemarktwain

If every Twain fan votes daily, we will win. Thank you.

2. On Nov. 30 we had a preview of our CD. Still waiting
for Jimmy Buffett's tracks as Huck Finn.  Also a song.
The Quincy Herald Whig did a good story on the
event:

http://www.whig.com/story/news/CD-Release-120110

We will let you know the minute the CD is finished
and available.  We appreciate all of you who helped
along the way.  It's been a labor of love.  Clint Eastwood
just finished re-recording his pick-ups, and we are so
close. The passage where he recounts Livy's death is
very moving.  Garrison Keillor as narrator was the perfect
choice.  The 200+ guests at the party loved it. And the
music... what can I say?  Breathtaking.  It opens with
Emmylou Harris singing "When Halley Came to Jackson"
if that gives you an idea.  What a year!  Thank you ALL
for being in our corner!  Sam must be smiling.

Cindy

Cindy Lovell, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum