From:
"Ryan, Ann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 15:09:59 -0500
Dear Forum members,

The English Department at Le Moyne College has been given the opportunity
to hire a pre-doctoral diversity Fellow, a young scholar whose interests
will help us to broaden our curriculum. The teaching load is 1/1, with full
benefits including funds for travel and research. We will also provide a
mentor for this individual.

If you have any graduate students who may seem appropriate for this
position, please encourage them to apply. I have attached the job
description and I am also copying it below in case the attachment fails.

Thank you,

Dr. Ann M. Ryan
Department of English

*Le Moyne College*
English, 1419 Salt Springs Rd. Syracuse NY 13214
http://www.lemoyne.edu

*Diversity Pre-Doctoral Fellowship *

The English department of Le Moyne College invites applications for a
Diversity Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in one or more of the following areas of
literary studies: African American and/or African diaspora, Latina/o/x,
and/or Native American.  Applicants with secondary interests in film
studies, creative writing, rhetoric, linguistics, gender and sexuality,
and/or intersectionality are welcome.  We are seeking a scholar with a
commitment to empowering students from communities underrepresented in
academia through teaching, research, creative activity, service, and/or
mentoring.

The position, which begins in Fall 2019 and extends for two years, is
designed for scholars in the final stages of their doctoral work who need
only finish the dissertation to complete requirements for the Ph.D.  The
fellow will have the opportunity to work closely with faculty mentors in
teaching and/or scholarship, and to contribute to the intellectual life of
the college.

Diversity fellows teach a 1/1 load of literature courses in the English
major and the college core.  The position offers benefits, funds for
research and development, and a competitive salary.  Review of applications
will begin Dec. 15th, 2018, and continue until the position is
filled.  Although we will be at MLA in January, we will also conduct
interviews via Skype for those not attending the conference.

Applicants should submit: 1) a cover letter discussing their research and
scholarship, teaching philosophy and experience, and eligibility for the
fellowship; 2) a CV; 3) three (3) letters of recommendation, and 4) a
writing sample of no more than 25 pages.  To apply, visit our website at
http://www.lemoyne.edu/Work-at-Le-Moyne, click “Apply Now,” and submit a
cover letter, CV, and writing sample.  Please arrange to have three (3)
letters of reference sent electronically to [log in to unmask] with the
subject line “English Pre-Doc Fellow Search.”  Application materials may
also be submitted by regular mail to: Diann Ferris, Le Moyne College, 1419
Salt Springs Road, Grewen Hall, 2nd Floor (Human Resources), *Attn: English
Pre-Doc Fellow Search*, Syracuse, New York 13214.

For more information, contact Dr. Maura Brady, English Department Chair, at
[log in to unmask] or visit our website at www.lemoyne.edu*.*