From:
Ben Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 02:33:30 -0500
Well, Garrison Keillor duly noted it in his daily Writer's Almanac (a
free subscription to which I highly recommend to everyone, as well as
the audio broadcast or webstream):
http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/  click on Wednesday for the
Nov. 30 edition, and on Newsletter to subscribe.  It's great to get
it every day in your Inbox.  You will also learn, if you didn't
already know, that Jonathan Swift and David Mamet were also born on
that day.

Not incidentally, I would nominate Keillor as the closest thing we've
got to Twain today.  Hope that doesn't offend anyone with real
credentials on the subject.  I'm just me.  But I'm sure I'm not alone
in this opinion.

Ben