Sender:
From:
"Richard Henzel http://www.richardhenzel.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:06:06 -0700
Okay, I got this one from Caroline Harnsberger, and she repeated it to
me several times, so I know this is what she said. Funny, even though
she's been gone over a decade, I still find myself reaching for the
phone when I'm trying to remember a source, to call up Caroline with my
question, and she would always reply, "Why don't you look it up? Did you
look in my book? It's in there--and of course in the next breath she
would tell me exactly what book--and often which chapter--the quote was
from. Well, Clara Clemens Samossoud did once call Caroline "a walking
Mark Twain encyclopedia" and while it was lazy of me, it was always fun
to talk to her. I'd take her out to her favorite local
restaurant--Arby's--and she'd bring her chihuaua Moxie along. She'd say
"Arby's regular for me and a Junior for Moxie," and she would grab a
booth and put Moxie on the seat and feed him there. He was a hoot.
Caroline always seemed to be able to get away with anything just by
being so old and so short. I once introduced her to a friend who was
just a little bit shorter than her. She said loudly, "How did you get to
be so little!?!"

Anyway. The quote she gave me--I cannot find it anywhere now, though you
can be sure I'll be wracking my brain and searching my files:

"She was a dried up old virgin. I always preferred the other kind."

more to come...