Sender:
From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2010 10:53:43 -0500
Here's a news story about the destruction of Mark Twain's home (1904-08) at 21 Fifth Avenue. If you thought you knew the whole story, you might be surprised. Commercial exploitation may have been as much a motivation for the supposed efforts to save the home as for those who destroyed it. Just another reminder of how lucky we all are to have the libraries, homes, relics, and resources of Hartford, Hannibal, Florida, Redding, MTP, etc.

http://www.nypress.com/article-21159-the-fall-of-the-house-of-twain.html

I can't help but wonder what ever happened to the ceiling beams, the iron fencing, the marble fireplace and mirror, and the front door that were apparently salvaged...

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive