Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 14:52:20 -0400
From:
Cindy Lovell <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
All - I just received the message below from Connie Ritter at the birthplace.  It looks like our August date (which our local college suggested) will still work.  Thanks to EVERYONE who is making suggestions and contacting us about this idea.  We are truly grateful.  --Cindy Lovell

Hi Cindy,

I tried to send this thru the Mark Twain Forum, but the email was returned.  Said we could post...another day.

I was answering the comment made by Warren Brown, The Salt River Festival is no longer sponsored by the Birthplace, it is an event of the Friends of Florida and they have changed their date to May.  I think they now call it the Founder's Day Picnic.  I don't think Warren knows that John retired.

If we can be of help in anyway, please let us know when, where and how.

Thanks,

Connie Ritter, IRS II
Mark Twain Birthplace SHS