Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 09:51:17 -0500
From:
"Effgen, Alex Brink" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I thought the emoticon of semicolon and close parenthesis indicated a jest, not a rant.

I'm still so new to this digital world.

And for the curious the four books I list as alternatives...

DECISION POINTS, by George W. Bush
UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand
DECODED, by Jay-Z
LIFE, by Keith Richards with James Fox

...are currently ahead of our favorite autobiographer on the New York Times list. Come on, people! 19 bucks on Amazon gets you, what Adam Gopnik of the New Yorker recently described as, "a reshuffling of the same deck of dictated and written fragments and pieces published in the last decades of Twain's life (slightly altered here by Twain's revising hand and ostensibly in his intended order)."

;)    [indicating jest]

Seriously, for 19 bucks everyone I know is getting this as their Christmas present. Forget JZ, GWB, and whoever that Keith Richards guy is.

Alex