Sender:
From:
Mark Dawidziak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2014 12:51:17 -0500
     This is a long overdue bravo to Kevin Mac Donnell for his
insightful, incisive and thoroughly compelling review of "Mark Twain's
America, A Celebration in Words and Images." If you haven't had a chance
to read it, do yourself a favor. It's the kind of review that makes you
glad we have such authoritative voices in our Circle. Kevin's expertly
written evaluation of this volume not only can be read as an indictment
of questionable scholarship, it can be welcomed as a say-it-loud defense
of the tremendous work done by the Twainians, Twaniacs and Twain
enthusiasts whose work is a real cause for celebration. Many of them are
on this Forum, and many of them I am honored to call friends.
     I've been mulling over the disturbing questions raised by Kevin's
masterful point-by-point examination of "Mark Twain's America," and my
only regret is that I let vexation and holiday distractions hinder me
from raising my voice so much sooner. I hope others will add their
voices. I may be wrong in finding this kind of thing is so worrisome . .
. but I don't think so.

---