From:
Michael MacBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:32:28 -0500
Not nearly as exciting as Kevin's story, but my mother tells a story about
how I accidentally broke a mercury thermometer once and was fascinated with
the little balls of liquid.  Thereafter, she had to hide the thermometers
from me, because if I found one I would break it immediately to chase the
mercury around.  Sadly, I'm not a literary genius, book collector/seller, or
anything else very exciting.

Michael