From:
Charles Yates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:11:33 -0700
I don't post often, but I need some help.

Once again a high school has been asked to remove Huck Finn from school and from curriculum.  Luckily, the superintendent, principal and other staff had a meeting with the concerned parents and organizations that were asking for changes.  The superintendent did a great job in expressing empathy and defending the educational process.  The district will be reviewing the methods and curricula of teaching Huck Finn.

The Superintendent called me and asked me if I could share resources that have been effective in other districts around the country.  I told him I would pass along the request to this forum.

Thanking you in advance for any help you can provide.

A fellow Twain fan,
Charles

Charles A. Yates, LCSW
Bethany, Yates & Associates