Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:35:54 -0500
Dear Folks,

I may not be the most careful reader, but I think that Jon Clinch is
offering his prize for book clubs reading Finn, A Novel his sequel to
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Kent Rasmussen's post below does not quite
make that clear, and the distinction is in the lightning/lightning bug
category.

As for the prizes, I am not sure how many high schools might welcome a class
set of Finn, A Novel. But I have been out of the classroom for five years
serving as president of the local teachers' union. I can just see us being
called to the defense of the teacher who chooses to teach F, A N instead of
(or even, somehow in these days of scripted, canned, and timed curricula) in
addition to Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

Dennis Kelly
San Francisco