From:
"Carl J. Chimi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 15:21:23 -0400
As I said, I cannot remember if it was there when I last visited Hartford in
the 80s, but it was in the basement back in 1972.  I distinctly remember the
low ceiling and being surprised that the basement had a newish cement floor
and was actually done up very 1970s-like.  In other words, it was obviously
not the basement the family ever saw.

I don't think the museum was there in 1972; I think that came along a bit
later.  I remember being shocked when I saw it.  The fact that I don't
remember going into the basement during the 80s visits suggests that the
machine may have already moved by that point.

I also remember being pleasantly surprised by it.  I had seen The Adventures
of Mark Twain and really expected a very goofy looking machine.  The movie
does the machine, and perhaps Paige, a disservice for comic effect.  The
actual machine  looks as though it should do SOMETHING useful.

Carl J. Chimi
Bloomsburg University
Bloomsburg, PA