From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:30:56 -0500
I received my copy of the 2010 Mark Twain Annual yesterday--on time for fall
publication, thanks to the great work of editor Ann Ryan!  The bulk of the
issue is devoted to various Mark twain scholars writing short pieces about
critics and critical works that had an impact on them, for good and ill.  I
only had time to glance over it, but I am looking forward to reading it
cover to cover.  Thanks for another great issue, Ann!

You can get it by joining the Mark Twain Circle...

And in honor of tomorrow, a couple of apt quotations, pasted from
www.twainquotes

Thanksgiving Day. Let all give humble, hearty, and sincere thanks now, but
the turkeys. In the island of Fiji they do not use turkeys; they use
plumbers. It does not become you and me to sneer at Fiji.
- "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"

The observance of Thanksgiving Day -- as a function -- has become general of
late years. The Thankfulness is not so general. This is natural. Two-thirds
of the nation have always had hard luck and a hard time during the year, and
this has a calming effect upon their enthusiasm.
- Following the Equator

John Bird