From:
Andrew Beahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:34:14 -0800
Ben,

Given Twain's voluminous writings, I'm hesitant to say straight out
that there's no complete recipe in any of them, but having lived with
this subject for the last couple of years (my "TWAIN'S FEAST" came out
last summer) I can say that I haven't come across anything as specific
as you seem to be looking for.  The closest thing that comes to mind
is in a A TRAMP ABROAD, but the recipes for German coffee and New
England pie, while wonderfully funny, definitely aren't meant to be
prepared!  There's a nice letter from Grace King describing a meal at
the Hartford house, and some terrific descriptive food writing
throughout Twain's work, but the drink you describe is as specific a
preparation as anything I've found.

Best,

Andrew