From:
Wes Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2011 16:00:30 -0400
I saw the following item in a newsletter I get--the text isn't mine--

Thank god for those who have the desire and funding to find, restore, and return to the world rare films for future generations to study and enjoy. The

George Eastman House continues to surprise us with an ever-expanding flow of movies that you can watch for free anytime online. Of special interest to

many of us is the William Desmond Taylor directed Huckleberry Finn, the earliest silent version of the famous Mark Twain novel. Huckleberry Finn came to

George Eastman House in a 35mm nitrate print with beautiful tinted scenes and Danish intertitles. For the recreation of the intertitles in English, the

original text from Twain's book was used. George Eastman House restored the original nitrate master with funding from the National Film Preservation Foundation.

Watch the film for free anytime, or check out the many other intriguing titles available for viewing at home or at work while your boss is out having one

of those extended lunches supposedly wooing new clients. Visit:

http://dryden.eastmanhouse.org/sneak-peek/

Dr. Wesley Britton
www.spywise.net

Co-host, Dave White Presents