From:
Ben Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 03:09:38 +0000
Thanks, Terry, for saying all that, and for seconding Garrison Keillor, who has always seemed to me to be the only obvious candidate, for so many substantial reasons. But the last time I mentioned it in this list, I got some severe rebukes (like that listening to him is like watching paint dry!) I really can't understand why he is so underappreciated, especially among Twainiacs, of all people! So I restrained myself from entering the fray this time. Thanks for running interference (I kind of thought you might when I saw your post!).

Ben