From:
Barbara Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:20:00 -0600
I appreciate the Library of Congress's effort to get things right and set
the record straight regarding the book _Mark Twain's America_.  Prior to
today's posting, Forum readers of this book had helped compile an errors
and omissions list of 128 entries. The errors list posted today at the LOC
website features about 71 errors but included 31 errors that had not been
previously spotted by our readers. The two lists overlapped on 40 errors --
many of them errors that were identified in Kevin Mac Donnell's review of
the book several months ago.  The total number of errors now stands at 159.
Less than half of them appear in the list now online at the Library of
Congress.

After all issues related to this book are resolved, I hope that the more
comprehensive list compiled with the help of Forum readers can be made
available.  It would ultimately be a mistake to proceed with an ebook or
second printing of this book until all the errors can be corrected.

Barb