From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:51:36 -0500
Great question about MT"s audiences -- I do recall a book came out last
year --
Mark Twain's Audience: A Critical Analysis of Reader Responses to the
Writings of Mark Twain

I've not read it, and I do not recall if it got reviewed on the Forum or
not.  The TOC looks promising.

I also recall earlier books that have some coverage of that -- I'm thinking
of Randall Knoper's book for example; but would be interested to hear of
anyone else's recollections about earlier accounts -- anyone ??

-hb

--
Prof. Harold K. Bush
Professor of English