From:
Michael MacBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:28:11 -0600
re: Google featuring Mark Twain.

They did actually (back in 2011), but it's been a while. I only remember
because when a friend of mine started at Google (in 2007), I made him pass
on the suggestion. And, when they finally did honor Twain, my buddy sent me
an email saying, "well, it took 4 years or so, but there you go..."

http://www.google.com/doodles/mark-twains-176th-birthday

Best,

Michael