From:
Joseph Lemak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2017 10:53:57 -0400
Dear Twain Community,

The mission of the Center for Mark Twain Studies is to support and promote
all facets of Twain scholarship.  One of the most effective means of
pursing this mission is our long-running lecture series The Trouble Begins
<http://marktwainstudies.com/trouble-begins-at-eight-archives/> and our
relatively new Park Church Summer lectures series. All CMTS-sponsored
 lectures are free and open to the public. Furthermore, via
MarkTwainStudies.org, we can expand access to them by making them available
as recordings for download or streaming.

The CMTS lecture series, which features 10-12 speakers every year, is
unlike anything else, both in its consistent focus on a single author, and
the depth of knowledge and variety of expertise our lecturers bring to this
topic. In many cases CMTS lecturers use our venue to present cutting edge
works-in-progress or to explore idiosyncratic ideas which may not otherwise
find a venue. We encourage you explore this expanding archive. We are in
the process of digitizing an archive of recordings that dates back more
than two decades.

If you encounter material that excites you or is relevant to your own
research and you would like to ask questions about it, CMTS is happy to
contact the Twain scholar for you. We strive to create and reinforce
connections between scholars of all ages and backgrounds interested in Mark
Twain Studies and its related fields.

The brand new additions from 2017 can be found here:

http://marktwainstudies.com/downloadable-twain-lectures-from-recent-lecture-series-now-available/

Take care,

Joe

Dr. Joseph Lemak
Director of the Center for Mark Twain Studies
Elmira College
The Rose Office, Cowles Hall
(607) 735-1941

Elmira College Center for Mark Twain Studies
<http://www.marktwainstudies.org>