SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
David Beale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:19:54 -0700
My first reply - been lurking on this list for a long time.

Thanks for providing a way for those of us on the front line to keep the old
grey matter working long after we've left the hallowed halls of the
learning.

I need to reply to this idea re Youth and News Mr Ramsay is so right.

Youth read the on-line news if any youth at all, indeed I'm hardly a youth
but I cannot recall the last time I bought a paper - only time I'll look at
it is if I find myself in a restaurant alone. I get all my newsfeeds on
line.

Youth do watch TV - sometimes but that too is in decline and what TV they
watch may be watched on line.  You'd have to get on a "news" show like
George Sotiropoulos, my daugher hates to miss him.  Or convice Rick Mercer
to do a rant about how our government doesn't get it when it comes to the
connection between our lot in life and our health.

David Beale
Bonnyville, AB