SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Abby Lippman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:38:40 -0400
Pharmaceutical assists" for smoking prevention are even more
problematic as an approach now that the FDA has finally, and
appropriately, given black box warnings to these products.  There are
serious health risks associated with their use.   For one news story
about them:
 http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20090701/hl_hsn/antismokingdrugsgetfdablackboxwarning

Unfortunately, Health Canada maintains its standard "sit on the fence"
attitude rather than display the kind of pharmacovigilance needed.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Health/Health+Canada+weighs+options+adds+black+warnings/1756296/story.html

Abby Lippman
(McGill)