SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Sarah Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2011 12:25:16 -0400
With respect Dennis,

you didn't feel you should boycott the NHS?

Sarah

Sarah Chan
Policy Analyst
Education Policy and Planning
INAC-AINC
255 Albert, 6th floor
613-995-9348

>>> Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]> 5/12/2011 12:22 PM >>>
Yes, I completed the short form on line and was then informed that I have
been chosen to do the "Household Survey."  It stated that it was important
and the fact that it was voluntary was mentioned but not highlighted.

I felt good about this, and think it may be salvaged until the Harperites
are dumped by the NDP next election.

dr

Get a free copy of Social Determinants of Health: The Canadian Facts at
http://thecanadianfacts.org

See what Jack Layton has to say about my books!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/04/10/cv-election-ndp-layton-platform.html
at  27:20

Dennis Raphael, PhD
Professor of Health Policy and Management
York University
4700 Keele Street
Room 418, HNES Building
Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
416-736-2100, ext. 22134
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.atkinson.yorku.ca/draphael

Of interest:

* NEW * About Canada: Health and Illness
http://tinyurl.com/2c2tm6l

Health Promotion and Quality of Life in Canada: Essential Readings
http://tinyurl.com/3C8zteu

Social Determinants of Health: Canadian Perspectives, 2nd edition,
Forewords by Carolyn Bennett and Roy Romanow
http://tinyurl.com/3fkbr8u

Poverty and Policy in Canada: Implications for Health and Quality of Life
Foreword by Jack Layton
http://tinyurl.com/44t7hlw

Staying Alive: Critical Perspectives on Health, Illness, and Health Care,
2nd edition
Foreword by Gary Teeple
http://tinyurl.com/4xlu4up

See a lecture!  The Politics of Population Health
http://msl.stream.yorku.ca/mediasite/viewer/?peid=ac604170-9ccc-4268-a1af-9a9e04b28e1d

Also, presentation on Politics and Health at the Centre for Health
Disparities in Cleveland Ohio
http://www.case.edu/med/ccrhd/education