From:
Cari Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:42:10 -0300
Dear friends and colleagues,

What's Working in Community Development?  is an international conference on
community development.  It takes place at Acadia University in Wolfville,
Nova Scotia, Canada from June 23rd - June 25th, 2008.  We are expecting 300
participants, from around the world.

The full conference program is now available, and can be downloaded from
www.horizoncda.ca/upcoming.

We are very excited about the breadth and depth of presentations and
workshops conference delegates are offering. You can also look forward to a
variety of styles of presentations, plenary work, theatre, interactive
exercises, and even a mini film festival!  Other conference highlights
include plenary presentations by Joanne Linzey of the United Way of Canada,
and Ron Colman of GPI Atlantic.  The conference also features presentations
from the Canadian International Development Agency's Afghanistan Task Force,
and Democracy 250.

We are very pleased that a new joint publication on asset based community
development by the International Association for Community Development and
the Carnegie UK Trust will be formally launched the conference.  An
international community of practice on asset based community development is
also being formally launched at the conference.

This conference will be a great place to have fun and engage with colleagues
in a meaningful way, and to make connections with colleagues from around the
world, all in a relaxed and casual environment

The conference will appeal to people interested in community development
work, whether from a research or a practice perspective.  The objectives for
the conference are for people to exchange learnings about community
development, and to build links among community development networks around
the world.

A small number of bursaries are available for participants from Atlantic
Canada - please see www.horizonscda.ca/upcoming.

Registration information is also available at www.horizonscda.ca/upcoming .
The early bird registration deadline is April 18th, 2008.

On behalf of the conference planning committee, best wishes, and we look
forward to welcoming you to Wolfville.

The Horizons Team

If you do not wish to receive further information from Horizons, please

We apologize for any duplication of this message