From:
Gretchen Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:38:14 +0000
That resembles Twain's distinction between work and play in Tom Sawyer, Ch. 2: "If he [Tom] had been a great and wise philosopher, like the writer of this book, he would now have comprehended that Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do, and that Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do" (33).