From:
Lloyd J Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:25:27 -0400
Sam was not a man of letters in the commonly accepted tradition,  yet he was
gifted with an insight that most of us overlook in our personal lives.  I am
new here, not a Mark Twain scholar, just a dedicated friend who has not been
paying attention.

What inspired this gifted man to learn the history that embellishes his
writings?  He was not "formally Educated".

I have much reading to do, but I am not cloistered.  I am here to rely on
you.  And rely on you , I will.

I am here to learn, not pontificate.  Thank you all for sharing this fine
parlor, with the likes of me.

L. Grant