From:
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2013 11:53:33 -0500
Our governor comes through with a proclamation:

By His Excellency Dannel P. Malloy, Governor: an

Official Statement

WHEREAS, the state of Connecticut is deeply proud of its association with Mark Twain (Samuel L. Clemens) who chose, not once, but twice to build a home here, spending 20 years in Hartford and two years in his final home in Redding; and

WHEREAS, while living here, Twain wrote books, articles, speeches, and other writings that have brought laughter, joy, and cause to think deeply about the issues of humanity, to millions of readers worldwide; and

WHEREAS, one of those residences is now one of that state’s most prominent historic and literary sites, recently voted the State Fan Favorite in the Still Revolutionary tourism program, The Mark Twain House & Museum, and

WHEREAS, February 3, 2013, marks the 150th Anniversary of the date that Samuel L. Clemens first used the name “Mark Twain” to sign one of his writings

WHEREAS, this occasion has created interest and excitement throughout the state where Twain lived and worked for so long,

THEREFORE I, DANNEL P. MALLOY, Governor of the State of Connecticut, do hereby officially proclaim February 3, 2013, as

MARK TWAIN’S NAME DAY
in the State of Connecticut

Steve Courtney
7 Union St.