From:
"Robert H. HIRST" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 06:58:21 -0700
Sept. 18, 1865, San Francisco Dramatic Chronicle:

It appears that a "Hasheesh" mania has broken out among our
Bohemians. Yesterday, Mark Twain and the "Mouse-Trap" man were seen
walking up Clay street under the influence of the drug, followed by a
"star," who was evidently laboring under a misapprehension as to what
was the matter with them.