SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Enrique Cardiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2012 08:12:41 -0600
Hello List:

I'm working in an interesting US environment being encouraged to work on SDoH and not at the same time.

What is good is that we have an opportunity to create a new position.

My work team has asked me to come up with job descriptions for someone who would look at policies and programs and make recommendations for healthier options, going upstream as much as possible. If someone has a job description that fits that please feel free to send it to me. The position may or may not focus on youth.

Another option is to create a health communications position. We need to promote public health in general and are hoping that we will get institutional support to promote health equity in the near future.

Appreciate any responses.

In Solidarity for Healthy Communities!

Enrique Cardiel, MPH
Urban Health Extension Coordinator, Facilitator IDHCC
505-925-7393
"Health workers have an obligation to address the issue of poverty directly rather than remain content to deal with its effects." D Raphael

Mission of the Community Health Team, "to educate and advocate about conditions that enable all county residents to live healthy lives."