SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Ingrid Waldron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:46:00 -0300
Hello Everyone,

There is a group of individuals looking to start a community-owned
grocery store on Gottingen Street in North End Halifax. This was one
of the many issues that came up during the "Can We Talk?" event that
we held in February. Many attendees discussed the need for a grocery
store in the North End.

Please see more information below on this community initiative.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Can-We-Talk-North-End-Halifax/377840035564046

http://www.facebook.com/NorthEndCommunityGrocery

Also, don't forget to log on, watch and participate in North End
Matters, the online talk show about matters affecting Halifax's North
End communities. It starts at 4 PM Atlantic time at this location:
http://live.haligonia.ca/halifax-ns/north-end-matters/26383-live-north-end-matters.html

Ingrid

Ingrid Waldron, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor