From:
Wes Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 11:45:20 -0500
I cannot express enough my sadness to hear this news. I cannot provide a
simple summary of the many, many kindnesses Tom showed me over the years.
When I was alowly grad student at my first MT gathering, he insisted i call
him Tom--not Dr. Tenney. I shared hotel rooms with him and spent many hours
with him  in various cities swapping stories.

I will share a story Tom repeated many times over the years. At one
convention, I overheard the joke about the student who got so tired of a
teacher talking about Yeats that he exclaimed "That guy is going to give me
a Yeats infection!" I wrote the punchline down on a sheet to remember it and
put it in my pocket. Sometime later, Tom spotted the paper and only saw the
words "Yeats infection." He started laughing and warned me I might be
alerting the world to something I might not want to signal . . . I have no
idea how many times Tom told that anecdote. For years and years . . .

Anyway, Tom's death is a loss on so many levels. We owe him so much.

Dr. Wesley Britton
www.spywise.net

Co-host, Dave White Presents
www.audioentertainment.org/dwp