Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:43:31 -0700
I wasn't annoyed by the show honoring Ellen as I was the ones honoring Tina
Fey and Will Farrell.  I actually laughed out loud more than once.  But no
matter how timely the other two
SNL graduates are, I'd didn't laugh as much
and would have preferred a Burnett retrospective.  I also agree Garrison
Keillor would be a great recipient.  His humor might
be too gentle for some but I'm grateful for
anybody who can make me laugh out loud.  I'm a fan of the Mark Twain Awards
and had
no complaints about who was honored until
Tina Fey.

That Ellen has had a sociological impact
might suggest that she's funny in a similar
way to Mark Twain, both making points.

Arianne Laidlaw
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 9:17 AM, M. Christine Benner Dixon