CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Kevin Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:48:49 -0400
This may be of interest to the listserve.

Kevin Chan

 Dear Dr. Suganami,

 I have the honor to inform you that we have got an offer form UNDP for
  assisting a pilot intervention in CHT (Chittagong Hill Tracts) in
Bangladesh.
  This is a project jointly implemented by UN Agencies under UNDAF
(United
  Nations Development Assistance Framework) Operational Health
Initiatives in
 the Chittagong Hill Tract Region.
  In this regards a meeting was held between AMDA and UNDP on 5th July ,
2006 at
  AMDA Bangladesh office in Dhaka. It was a kind of discussion of
exploring the
  field of interventions during the pilot phase that would be ending up
by the
  December, 2006. UNDP thinks AMDA might be one of the partner
organizations to
  go for a comprehensive development approaches including health in the
region.

  We can go for a research project with UNDP for about six months to
identify
  the possible areas of interventions in the Chittagong Hill Tract
Region and a
  proposal will be prepared and submitted to the interested donor
agencies. UNDP
  is going to support technically to conduct the researches. AMDA will
find an
  expatriate staffs who will work as a senior Health Coordinator and
UNDP will
 provide the remuneration following UN status.

  Now, We would like to appeal to the AMDA International chapters to
find an
  experienced Medical Doctor who would be able to fulfill the UNDP
requirements
  and interested to work in Bangladesh. By the way it would be an
excellent
  access for AMDA to work in the Chittagong Hill Tract Region broadly
within its
 comprehensive approaches like Health, education and Income Generations
 Activities and develop a partnership with UNDP.

 Your kind attentions and prompt respond in this regard would be highly
 appreciated. TOR is enclosed herewith for your reference.

 Thank you for the as usual cooperation.

 Sincerely Yours,

 S. A. Razzak
 Director