From:
Michel O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:30:43 -0400
*** Dear Nastaran,

As a way to reflect on issues related to structures for health
promotion, given what happened in Canada federally and provincially
since 1994 as well as in many countries where Canada has been
influential since, can I suggest you to have a look at our book Health
Promotion in Canada: Critical perspectives (O'Neill, Pederson, Dupéré
and Rootman, eds.; Toronto, CSPI, 2007), also available online at: <https://www.cspi.org/motion.asp?siteid=100366&lgid=1&menuid=5376&prodid=116948&cat=9869
 > ? It will not provide you with organizational charts but with
analyses of why and how health promotion structures have been evolving
in many jurisdictions, notably within Canada which is so often
perceived as a global leader in this respect. Among others, the
chapter by Ilona Kickbush contrasts the difficulty in most places to
build sustainable health promotion governmental structures (trees)
with the rhizomatic capacity of health promotion to transform the way
in which societies think about health issues.

Good luck with your enterprise !

Michel O'Neill. ***