SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Lori Kleinsmith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:01:11 -0400
I was wondering if anyone knows of any work done analyzing Ontario's 14 Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) regarding priorities/plans/strategies etc as they relate to health equity work or lack thereof? Some LHINs have done more work than others in this area and I would be curious to know if there has been any demonstrable positive outcomes on the ground because of their focus on health equity (and how this compares to those who have placed little emphasis on health equity to date). A quick glance at the front page of different LHIN websites shows how vastly different their approaches and priorities are - what are these impacts?

Lori Kleinsmith
Health Promote, Bridges Community Health Centre
177 King St., Port Colborne, ON
L3K 4G5