Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:39:03 -0600
From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
My review of FINN will appear next week in the St. Louis Post Dispatch.  I
am not so enthusiastic about it, and I believe the claims of Huck's mixed
race will be decidedly controversial.

I am not at all surprised by the heave publicity push, since the publishers
is seeing stars (ie $$$).

WICKED the novel has brought in millions, and has been produced as one of
the most successful recent Broadway hits.  Which I saw, and was greatly
delighted by.  The prequel business has never been more promising, thanks to
George Lucas and stories like WICKED.

I can't wait to see how others on this LIST respond to the idea of Huck as
mixed!

Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Associate Professor
Dept. of English, Saint Louis University