Sender:
From:
Kent Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:29:54 -0700
Almost immediately after my review of _Finn_ went out on the listserver,
I discovered a nasty omission in the penultimate paragraph of its main
text. The omission falls in the section headed "spoiler alert," so I'll
provide only part of the relevant passage here. Please insert the word
"not" before "know" in the sentence below:

"In order not to give away too much of the plot, let it merely be said
that that fact has a great deal to do with explaining why Huck would < >
know ..."

There may be other missing words in the review, but that "not" makes a
big difference.

Also, my postscript to the review contains an invitation to Forum
members to join a discussion of _Finn_ at the Constant Reader website.
That invitation neglects to mention the very important fact that the
novel's author, Jon Clinch, is participating in the discussion. If you
join in, you can share your thoughts and questions about the book with
him.

I should also have mentioned that the last disc of Recorded Books' CD
edition of _Finn_ contains a fascinating discussion between Clinch and
Ed Sala, who narrates the recording. Clinch says a great deal there
about how he came to write the novel. Incidentally, Sala does a good job
reading the book.

If I think of anything else I forgot to mention, I'll post another note
later. Unless, that is, I forget to look the next time I try to cross a
street.