From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:48:29 -0500
I am posting this message on behalf of a researcher in England who said she
had trouble posting to the list. Replies should be sent to her, but I am
sure we would all like to see them, too. Beginning message:

Dear Mark Twain Forum,

I'm an academic in England attempting to put together a Collected Letters of
G. K. Chesterton.

I've discovered that Chesterton was a Vice President of the International
Mark Twain Society when it was founded. It seems possible that he therefore
wrote them at least a couple of letters.

However, the International Mark Twain Society is now very hard to find any
trace of: I have already discovered that it is NOT the American Mark Twain
Circle. But I can't believe that the International Mark Twain Society simply
disappeared with the death of Cyril Clemens (who founded it),  in 1999  -
and that all its records were then destroyed.

So - do any of you know what became of the International Mark Twain Society
and whether it has any archives that I could search?

With thanks and best wishes,

Dr. Emma Wilson

John Bird