From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:39:47 -0500
Martin Zehr did a fine write-up about my piece for which I want to thank him in this very public forum among colleagues.

I hope those whose previous research on Mark Twain are cited in my article will accept those citations as my way of saying thanks to them for their insights and hard work that suggested avenues of research and provided numerous clues that led me to my conclusions --whether or not you even agree with my conclusions.

I also hope that those who are not already subscribers to the Mark Twain Journal will remedy that grievous oversight. The MTJ deserves the support of all Twainians.

Here's the link to Martin Zehr's piece in the Kansas City Star:

 http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/16/4413137/a-new-theory-seems-the-best-explanation.html

If the crush of fame becomes overwhelming, you will find me hiding, many days out, under a nom de plume that's Twainian, yet reflects my Irish heritage--  Begum O'Bengal.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive