Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2022 23:06:39 +0000
7bit
From:
R Kent Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
This is a brief note to report that the second volume of Alan Gribben's MARK TWAIN'S LITERARY RESOURCES is now available. Kevin Mac Donnell will soon be posting a full review of the book here, but I want to alert everyone to the amazing discount that Amazon is presently offering. The book lists for $95. That is a relative bargain these days for any densely packed 1,100-page scholarly book, but right now you can get the book for only $45! As there is no telling how long that incredible price will last, anyone who wants the book and hesitates to order it is foolish. Here's a link to its Amazon page:

https://www.amazon.com/Mark-Twains-Literary-Resources-Collection/dp/1588383954/ref=sr_1_1?Adv-Srch-Books-Submit.x=0&Adv-Srch-Books-Submit.y=0&qid=1657932194&refinements=p_27%3Agribben%2Cp_28%3Atwain&s=books&sr=1-1&unfiltered=1

I've been browsing my copy of the book for several days and can attest that its reference value is beyond amazing. With more than 1 millions words of detailed information and analysis about nearly 6,000 works that Mark Twain owned or read, there's enough information in the book to jump-start a dozen dissertations and books and untold numbers of research articles. Moreover, it is endlessly fascinating simply to read.

Those not already familiar with Gribben's work should read Kevin's Forum review of the first volume, which lays out what a treat owners of the second volume are in for: http://www.twainweb.net/reviews/GribbenVol1.html

I'll end this note by reiterating my gratitude to Alan for the half-century of work he put into creating this invaluable resource.