Sender:
From:
Michael Kiskis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:21:13 -0500
 I have been asked about an edition of *Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, *but
I don't really know any more than that it's available from various book
sellers.  My question comes from an individual who won the book as a prize
in grade school in 1953.  It's called the "modern abridged" edition and was
copyrighted 1939 and published by Whitman Publishing. Does anyone happen to
know anything about this edition or where I could direct him to learn
something about its history?  Thanks.

Michael

--
Michael J. Kiskis
Leonard Tydings Grant Professor of American Literature