Sender:
From:
Martin Zehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:38:35 -0500
Two days prior to the Hannibal conference, the large century-old oak tree
in our front yard was hit by lightning, causing large branches to fall on
our front porch, a corner of our house, the corner of our neighbor's house,
and both our cars.  Needless to say, we were under a bit of stress while
attempting to cope with the situation, dealing with insurance agents,
contractors, and the beginning of cleanup.  We decided to go to Hannibal
anyway, borrowing a car without AC to get there and back.  In retrospect,
it was a good decision, a brief period of stimulating relaxation with the
family of Twain scholars, and a very well-organized conference, thanks to
Henry's attention to detail.  We're back in KC, at our day jobs and dealing
with contractors now, but the Hannibal conference, one of the best we've
attended in the decade since our first, was a bit of a welcome tonic.

Martin Zehr & Susan Ikazaki
Kansas City, Missouri

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Richey, Ms. Carolyn L <[log in to unmask]