From:
"Christopher D. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:52:19 -0400
Thanks to all members of the forum who replied to my question, especially to Barbara Schmidt, who knew the entry in Gribben's book where Twain's comment appeared; I've ordered the Fanning book, too.  It's wonderful that a query like mine can get such quick and helpful responses. Thanks also to Leslie Myrick for the tip about Google Books, which I should have tried first.
             Chris