From:
Martin Zehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2014 17:13:00 -0500
Having read the review of "The Twain Shall Meet," I am certainly intrigued
by the possibility of a living Twain descendant and eagerly await
additional evidence that will seal the verdict in this developing case.
 While reading it, however, I couldn't help noting that, should the mystery
be solved, Kevin MacDonnell will have played a significant role in its
solution.  Does anyone else see a pattern here??  First, Kevin produces the
first piece of real evidence bearing on the question of Clemens' adoption
of the "Mark Twain" moniker, presented at last year's Elmira conference and
published in the Mark Twain Journal.  Then, he treats us to a
cogently-argued explanation of the probable cause of Charley Webster's
demise in a subsequent issue of the Mark Twain Journal.  What's next?- Is
Kevin about to produce the missing copy of Orion's manuscript,
"Autobiography of a Damned Fool?"  Will we then learn about additional
descendants, and the real reason Twain absquatulated from California and
headed east in 1866?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Who is this Kevin "MacDonnell" anyway?

Just a thought.
Martin Zehr, Kansas City