From:
Jessica Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:42:30 -0500
Greetings all,
I am currently trying to publish a historical criticism of Huck Finn and I
was wondering if anyone knew the MONTH of when Twain's writer's block
occurred.  I was just emailed a reference to an upcoming criticism
explaining that previously, scholars assumed Twain stopped working on the
novel in 1876 when the raft is hit by the steamboat, but there is new
evidence that Twain conitined writing into the Grangerford episode and
stopped where Huck and Buck discuss what a feud is (Donyo).  Any thoughts?
I would really like to relate the month to historical events, but this new
information tends to change some things.

Jessica Rollins
senior at University of Oklahoma