From:
ROBERT COOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2011 09:38:48 -0800
Is this issue about HF or about a much bigger issue?  I
Dr. Britton:

Is this issue about HF or about a much bigger issue?  I've been listening,
watching and reading the commentary from numerous sources and it appears to me
HF is just a part of a much grander agenda - rewriting and thereby "softening"
the way things were.  For example, will the next step be a rewriting of "Uncle
Tom's Cabin" and other literary works that depict a time different than what
really existed?  Much of the history of the West and the treatment of the
Indians does not describe actual events, broken promises, etc.  Just saying.